All children should be wearing the full winter uniform including sweatshirts and ties to school. In the event of very warm weather, the children will not have to wear a sweatshirt or tie.
- Short or long grey trousers [boys and girls]
- Grey skirt or pinafore
- White, stiff collared shirt, [short sleeves optional]
- Bottle green V-neck sweatshirt*
- Bottle green V-neck knitted cardigan*
- Grey or white socks/tights
- School tie*
Sensible and supportive shoes in black. Trainers and wellington boots are not allowed in school, but may be used in the playground in adverse weather conditions and for sports.
- Yellow school sports shirt*
- Green shorts*
- Trainers / plimsolls [Year 3 and above: (optional) green tracksuit, outdoor trainers]
For health and safety reasons:
- Children are not allowed to wear any jewellery except one plain stud earring in each ear and a watch.
- Children must be able to remove their own earrings and watches for PE lessons.
- All children with shoulder length hair must have their hair tied back.
- Children’s hair should be cut conventionally and be natural in style and colour. Shaved side haircuts and hair dye is not part of our school policy.
- Leggings should not be worn under dresses or school skirts. Heels must be no higher than 2.5cm (1 inch)
- Make up and nail varnish is not permitted in school.
- Children are not permitted to wear boots in school.
*Items are available to purchase from the school office.
St Pancras Book Bag
Every child should have a school book bag from reception through to year six. Their book bag should contain their reading record and a reading book. The children should take their book bag home every night and ensure they have it in school every day. The whole school shares one cloakroom, therefore we do not have the space for alternative types of school/PE bags or rucksacks.
School Reading Record
This should be taken home and brought back to school daily. It serves as a home school liaison book. Parents and carers should record everything their child reads at home.
Children’s reading journals will be signed off at school once a week and any additional parent comments will be responded to.
St Pancras PE Bag
To maximise the physical education opportunities, PE bags should be on the children’s peg at all times and taken home for kit to be washed at weekends.
A Clear Plastic Water Bottle
Children should all have a clear plastic, labelled water bottle to use during lesson time and break time. Children are only allowed to drink water during the school day with the exception of lunchtime when children should have a different drink container. For health and safety reasons water bottles should be taken home daily and washed. Bottles left at school will be disposed of to avoid water born viruses. The children’s water bottles are stored in the classroom during the school day.
A Lunch Box
Each class only has one lunch box trolley, therefore we ask that children only bring to school standard lunchboxes if they choose to have a packed lunch.
Mobile phones are only permitted in year six and have to be left with Mrs Parratt in secure storage in the school office during the school day. Mobile phones found on children will be confiscated and returned at the end of term.
All of the children’s belongings should be clearly labelled with their name and class.